2.11.15

New Skincare Favourites

Sanctuary Spa 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask/ Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate/ Sanctuary Spa Feather-Light Moisture Spray



Hello everyone! Today I wanted to share with you some of the products that I've been loving for the last few months. Lately, I've been struggling with my skin as I've been having some breakouts, clogged pores, scars and overall quite angry skin. 

I never thought about using oils on my face. I was that kind of person who always tried to look for everything oil free. However, I finally understood that those types of products were not for me. I have actually got combination skin that tends to get dry and dehydrated and so, those oil free creams and foaming cleansers  were just making  my face incredibly tight and dry. I'm even talking about those wrinkly lines that appear when you smile!

For a while, I had been hearing beauty bloggers talk about how you should not avoid oils even if you have acne. I had specially heard loads about the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate and how it was supposed to be so soothing and good for your skin. So, I decided that it was worth trying. 

1. Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate



There has been a lot hype around this product and even though  I see why, at the same time I don't. And don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful, natural oil and I love it. It has a very relaxing lavander smell which puts you on sleeping mode instantly. It's also very hydrating and feels really nice on the skin. The next morning I do notice that my skin is a bit more luminous and soft. 

However, the only "negative point" that I have found is the price point. It's about 40€ and for that price I would want something that makes miracles. The reason being is that I think there are other oils which can do a similar job at a lower price. (Like the one I'm about to tell you now)

2. Sanctuary Spa Feather-Light Moisture Spray


I bought this oil and the mask on my last trip to London. I actually bought this one in the airport because I wanted something to hydrate my face during the flight and I thought it was one of those refreshing water mists. Needless to say that it was not. I spritzed it three or four times and ended up with a super greasy face. Nonetheless, when I realised that it was an oil I started using it at night after my serum and instead of my moisturizer (same as the kiehl's one) and fell in love. 

I have found that with one pump of this I get the same benefits as with the Kiehl's oil if not better. It hydrates and leaves my skin feeling super soft and calm and in the mornings I just find that my skin is glowing, I have a much better tone and the redness disappears. 

The only disadvantage is that it's made with mineral oil which is quite a controversial ingredient. However, I have only noticed good things from it and it doesn't break me out.

Note: some nights I like to mix a bit of both oils

3. Sanctuary Spa 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask


This next one is one of those masks that heat up when you apply them. It's very nice to use and it does drag out a lot of the impurities from my skin. One thing that I really like is that it doesn't leave my skin super dry and tight afterwards and if you remove it with a hot face cloth it lightly exfoliates and leaves the skin nice and soft.

Hope that you have liked my current favourite skincare products and if you have any recomendations please leave them in the coments!

xo, 
Carla


No comments:

Post a Comment