13.2.16

Memoirs of my Adventures | Croatia 2015


         Recently I have started to re-evaluate my life. It may be because of the start of the new year or due to the fact that I just turned 21 and had a sort of "twenties freak-out", but I have really started to try and figure out what life is all about. I've reached a point where I've realised that I want to find out what my true passions are and that I want to fight for what I want. Do more of what I love. Get things done and stop leaving things for some other time.

         I have come to terms with the fact that we are never going to be younger than what we are right now and that the past and the future are worthless if we are unable to thoroughly live the present. So, I've decided that I'm done with writing to do lists for my goals and my aspirations and that instead, I am going to start ticking out those boxes for once.

         I have been taking some time to think about what things truly make me happy and complete so that I can embrace them and do more of them, whilst pushing aside any fears that may want to stop me along the way. And the reason why I'm writing this post today is because I have found that one of those things that honestly satisfies me, is travelling.

         Discovering new places and their beauty amazes me and makes me hungry for more. There is something about being somewhere you don't know and just letting go. Letting go of stress and worries and just freeing yourself in order to absorb the energy that the unknown radiates. Absorb the light, the smells, the feelings, the new tastes... And it is then, and only then, once I am able to discover the beauty of these places and people, that I am able to discover a little more about me too.

         This is why I felt like sharing with you some bits from my last summer holidays in Croatia, a place that surprised me in the most pleasant way and that I would honestly recommend. With this post I want to start a series of memoirs about any new places where I travel to, which will hopefully be many more, and inspire you along the way.

Love,
Carla


Krka Waterfalls




Island of Hvar









No comments:

Post a Comment